Our Tier 3 Site Rules
In line with Government Guidance, we have closed our doors to visitors from Tuesday 5 January 2021. Please check our updates page for the latest information.
Together we can ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable visit to Wild Place Project.
To ensure the safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers, additional measures will be in place during your visit. It is essential that you read and fully understand the information below.
How you can help keep everyone safe
- Do not visit if you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or are self-isolating.
- Please book your tickets online, in advance, to avoid disappointment. If you are an Annual Pass Holder, Corporate Member or Dual Member you should also book your timed entry slot online as we have a strictly limited number of tickets are available each day to ensure that everyone has the space to enjoy Wild Place Project safely. Bring your booking confirmation number and/or Membership card/Annual Pass with you and show this to the team at admissions.
- Please make sure you are following up-to-date Tier 3 Government guidance on meeting up with friends and family in Tier 3 areas. Please refer to the Government guidance for more information and any exemptions.
- By law, as part of the Government Test and Trace initiative, one person in a group (of up to 6 people) MUST provide their individual contact details. This is a Government requirement. These details will be taken as part of the online booking process. Visitors can also scan the official NHS QR code or complete a paper form.
- In line with Government guidance, you MUST wear a face covering in all enclosed spaces (unless exempt by law). This includes through-ways and toilets as well as our retail shop.
- Please arrive at your allotted time slot – you can arrive any time within the slot, but not before or after.
- Always follow the one-way route in place and maintain a two-metre distance from other visitors. Please be respectful of your fellow visitors and our staff and volunteers.
- If there are children in your family group, please ensure that they are supervised throughout your visit.
- Wash your hands regularly throughout the day.
- Follow all instructions and signage on site and do not climb on or over any barriers or fences.
- Please remember that you have a responsibility for your own safety and wellbeing.
Ways we are keeping you safe
- Timed tickets have been implemented to create a staggered entry and allow us to carefully manage any potential queues at the entrance. A strictly limited number of tickets are available each day, so please book your tickets online, in advance.
- A one-way system is in place to aid with social distancing. Please be aware that there are changes to our one-way route due to Tier 3 restrictions.
- Volunteer Navigators will be available to help visitors find their way around the site safely.
- We are operating on a completely cashless basis, this includes our car park, shops and catering outlets.
- Additional hand washing facilities have been installed throughout Wild Place Project.
- Onsite cleaners are in place ensuring that the toilets are kept clean. We have enhanced our cleaning regime and cleaning checks.
- There is clear signage on site to remind visitors to abide by social distancing measures.
- Picnic benches have been spaced out across the site.
- Queues will be marked with two-metre measures where possible.
- Some areas, including some playground equipment and some of our indoor houses remain closed. These closures are in place due to Tier 3 restrictions or because social distancing is not currently possible.
- Keeper talks are not taking place at this time to reduce the potential for crowds to gather.
- In line with Tier 3 Government guidelines, we will only be offering takeaway food at this time and undercover seating is limited.
The responsibility to keep everyone safe, is one everyone shares.
Thank you for your help and understanding.