Our Site Rules
Together we can ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable visit to Wild Place Project.
To ensure the safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers, additional measures will be in place during your visit. It is essential that you read and fully understand the information below.
How you can help keep everyone safe
- Do not visit if you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or are self-isolating.
- Please book your tickets on our website, in advance of your visit. A strictly limited number of tickets are available each day to ensure that everyone has the space to enjoy Wild Place Project safely. Bring your booking confirmation number and show this to the team at admissions.
- If you are an Annual Pass Holder, Corporate Member or Dual Member you should also book your timed entry slot online and bring your Membership Card or Annual Pass.
- Please make sure you are following up-to-date Government guidance on meeting up with friends and family, including the ‘Rule of 6’ and any relevant travel restrictions. Please refer to the Government guidance for more information and any exemptions.
- As part of the Government Test and Trace initiative, every visitor over the age of 16 will be asked to provide their individual contact details. Visitors can either scan the official NHS QR code on arrival or complete a form. We advise where possible completing the form ahead of your visit.
- In line with Government guidance, you MUST wear a face covering in all enclosed spaces (unless exempt by law). This includes through-ways and toilets as well as well as our admissions and retail building.
- Please arrive at your allotted time slot – you can arrive any time within the slot, but not before or after.
- Always follow the one-way route in place and maintain a two-metre distance from other visitors. Please be respectful of your fellow visitors and our staff and volunteers.
- If there are children in your family group, please ensure that they are supervised throughout your visit.
- Sanitise or wash your hands regularly throughout the day.
- Follow all instructions and signage on site and do not climb on or over any barriers or fences.
- Please remember that you have a responsibility for your own safety and wellbeing.
For the safety and wellbeing of everyone, if you fail to observe the Site Rules during your visit, you will be politely asked to leave. The responsibility to keep everyone safe, is one everyone shares.
We are welcoming back pre-booked school visits at this time. Specific information for teachers will be provided on booking, but we ask that you explore the site in small groups as directed.
Ways we are keeping you safe
- Timed tickets have been implemented to create a staggered entry and allow us to carefully manage any potential queues at the entrance. A strictly limited number of tickets are available each day, so please book your tickets online, in advance.
- A one-way system is in place to aid with social distancing.
- Volunteer Navigators will be available to help visitors find their way around the site safely.
- We are operating on a completely cashless basis, this includes our shop and catering outlets.
- Additional hand sanitising points and hand washing facilities have been installed throughout Wild Place Project.
- Onsite cleaners are in place ensuring that the toilets are kept clean. We have enhanced our cleaning regime and cleaning checks.
- There is clear signage on site to remind visitors to abide by social distancing measures.
- Picnic benches have been spaced out across the site.
- Queues will be marked with two-metre measures where possible.
- Some areas, including some playground equipment and some of our indoor houses remain closed. These closures are in place due to Government restrictions or because social distancing is not currently possible. Please see our updates page for more information.
- In response to Government guidelines related to Avian Influenza, you will notice that there are additional biosecurity measures in place when you visit. All visitors must walk across biosecurity matting on arrival/exit.
- Keeper talks are not taking place at this time to reduce the potential for crowds to gather.
- In line with Government guidelines, we will only be offering takeaway food at this time and undercover seating is limited.
Thank you for your help and understanding.