Leap of Faith Course Rules
Please read Wild Place Project Site Rules and Leap of Faith Course Rules before using Leap of Faith. It is a condition of using Leap of Faith that you read and accept the Site Rules and the Course Rules (below).
- You confirm that within the last 14 days, you have not been infected or shown symptoms of Covid-19, and that no one in your household has been infected or shown symptoms of Covid-19.
- You confirm that no one in my household is in the extremely/vulnerable categories as defined by the Government.
- You will wash or hand sanitise your hands before and after using the course.
- You will comply with the Site and Course Rules and follow all instructions from Leap of Faith staff.
- You will not climb unless clipped in, and unclipped, by our trained instructors.
- Please tie back long hair and remove earrings and rings.
- No open-toed sandals, flip-flops or other inappropriate footwear allowed.
- Minimum age 4 years.
- Maximum weight 115 k/18 stone.
- A moderate level of fitness is required.
- Do not use the course if you are pregnant or suffer from any of the medical conditions set out below.
- With any adventurous activity, you could get bumps, bruises, cuts and grazes, but if you listen to your instructors, you will have a fantastic, fun and safe time.
- Each participant should familiarise themselves with the hazards and try and minimise these as much as possible by complying with our safety briefing, instructions and guidelines.
- Accidents can happen without any contributory negligence from Leap of Faith or its staff. We cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage to personal property or for personal injury from an activity unless proven negligent. In the unlikely event of injury, you consent to emergency medical treatment being given if deemed necessary.
- You, or the parent/guardian (in the case of a child/vulnerable adult), consent for rescue procedures to be used if required. We encourage participants to climb down if struggling. But if participants need more assistance an instructor may deem an ‘emergency lower’ necessary, and will proceed to do this.
- Staff will explain the emergency evacuation procedures during the briefing. An emergency procedure may include the use of an assistance rope to lower the participant safely.
Parents/guardians of under 16s and vulnerable adults must remain at the course so instructors can keep them informed and gain consent if required for procedures in the event of a rescue.
We strongly advise that you do not participate in any of the activities if you have:
Please bring your inhaler if you have asthma, and make our instructors aware if you have this or other medical conditions. If in doubt, speak to your instructor and we’ll be happy to help.
- Any major illness, blackouts/headaches/dizziness, bronchial illness, recent injuries or operations, epilepsy, diabetes, heart complaints, back or neck complaints, physical disabilities, or if you are pregnant.
The responsibility to keep everyone safe, is one everyone shares. Together we can ensure everyone has a safe, fun and enjoyable climb at Leap of Faith. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
We welcome feedback! Please contact Chris Ireson at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 07891 637993.