*NEW* We have some exciting opportunities to join this team. Please take a look at the role and express your interest online if you would like to find out more!
Why do we have Engagement Volunteers and what do they do?
Our Engagement Volunteers are incredibly important in our mission of ‘Saving Wildlife Together’. We are a conservation charity and we’re proud of the work we do both in our two zoos and in the wild.
Our small teams of volunteers spend either a morning or afternoon in a variety of areas around the Zoo. This could be welcoming visitors at our entrance area, inspiring our visitors about our work conserving giraffes, and helping engage with visitors in our lemur walk through.
In each of these areas volunteers have great conversations with our visitors about what they would like to get out of their day; sharing ‘fun facts’ and ideas to make a good day great. Most importantly they help us spread the word about the work we are doing, and how our visitors can help.
Who are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- Friendly and confident people who are at ease speaking to visitors.
- We’re not looking for experts, just an interest in wildlife and conservation, and of course, people!
- We want people who are flexible and enjoy learning new things.
- Reliability and regular attendance. We ask you to commit to either a morning or afternoon team, on a day that suits you. The morning shift runs from 9.45am until 1.30pm, and the afternoon shift runs from 1 pm to 4.30pm (these times are slightly reduced in the winter).
By becoming an Engagement Volunteer you can…
To express your interest in this role click here.
- Meet people and make new friends.
- Try something completely different.
- Spend quality time away from work or a busy lifestyle.
- Gain a valuable insight into our conservation work.
- Expand your knowledge of wildlife and conservation.
- Enhance your communication and customer service skills.
(Please note: You will be redirected to the Bristol Zoo Gardens' website.)