Why do we have Landscapes Volunteers and what do they do?
As well as our wonderful animal collection and their enclosures, we are lucky enough to have large amounts of land, beautiful gardens, and protected British Ancient Woodlands. Having Landscape Volunteers allows us to undertake additional projects such as developing existing and new animal enclosures, maintaining planted areas and helping harvest home grown produce.
Who are we looking for?
- People who enjoy being part of a team and willing to learn.
- Good levels of physical fitness - you will be on your feet most of the day and some tasks will require stamina.
- People who are happy volunteering outside in all weather conditions.
- People who enjoy interacting with guests.
- Reliability and regular attendance. We would like Volunteers to attend one regular week day each week from 8.30am – 4/5pm. Please note this scheme is for weekdays only and not available at weekends.
What’s in it for you?
By becoming a Landscape Volunteer you can…
- Gain valuable new gardening and landscaping skills in a unique environment.
- Spend time outdoors in inspiring surroundings.
- Meet new like-minded people.
Express your interest today! Click here to download an editable Expression of Interest form.