Weekend Wild Detectives Volunteer (Aug - Nov)
Why do we have Wild Detectives volunteers and what do they do?
At Wild Place Project we are seeking weekend Wild Detective volunteers to help us inspire our guests about the natural world. This will assist our weekend Wild Detectives Ranger with delivering excellent learning sessions helping us to bring families from more urban areas back in touch with nature and our native species.
Wild Detectives may also help us to engage with guests at our animal exhibits using props such as bio-facts, images, binoculars and games. There will also be opportunities to assist us with informal presentations about our amazing invertebrates and help us with their husbandry too!
Wild Detective volunteers are an invaluable part of our team, supporting us in our education work and helping us to achieve even more.
This volunteer opportunity is for Saturdays or Sundays 9.15am – 2pm until November. There may also be more opportunities after November with our weekend volunteer Learning Ranger teams.
Who are we looking for?
What's in it for you? By becoming a Learning ranger volunteer you can:
- A friendly person who enjoys being part of a team and will enjoy working with children and families
- Someone who is keen to learn more about wildlife and is passionate about the education role of wildlife conservation
- A flexible person who doesn’t mind having a go at new tasks
- Someone with good customer service skills
- Someone who is reliable at attending on time, on an agreed weekend day
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Try something completely different
- Spend quality time away from work or a busy lifestyle
- Gain a valuable insight into our conservation work
- Expand your knowledge of wildlife and conservation
- Enhance your communication and customer service skills
- Enjoy the rewards of informing children and guests about conservation